You wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Marcus [mailto:tansta...@libertytrek.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 9:42 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Re: transit time

As for distilled vinegar - from Norman Walkers "Fresh Vegetable and
Fruit Juices":

"... distilled vinegar has concentrated amounts of acetic acid which can
destroy red blood corpuscles and interfere with the digestive process.
It can also contribute to hardening in the liver (cirrhosis), as well as
duodenal and other intestinal ulcers."
___________________________________

Your implication in this context is incorrect.

The active ingredient in vinegar is acetic acid.  Both "Certified Bragg
Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar" and Heinz distilled vinegar indicate
that they each have 5% acetic acid content.  Don't drink a bottle of
either, but if a teaspoon of Bragg won't hurt you then a teaspoon of
Heinz won't hurt you.

Granted, you will be getting additional nutrition out of the Bragg
vinegar but that is not the same as saying that Heinz will destroy your
red blood corpuscles etc and implying that Bragg vinegar will not...

The Heinz site also mentioned that certain cut price vinegars might be
made from "petroleum products" so it would be prudent to use one made
from alcohol as both Heinz and Bragg are.  I don't know for a fact if
those made from "petroleum products" are actually detrimental (in a
factual way, not just imagined) but I probably wouldn't use much of a
product of that type to be on the safe side.

Do I need to say more?

Dan