Frankie wrote:

>>He has started to move his limbs.<<

That is the greatest news we had about Tom!

You can try to communicate with your son, provided that the rules of the
hospital allow – I presume he is in Intensive Care.

Do like this:

Hold his hand (is he right-handed, take his right hand) in yours, so that his
forefinger touches the palm of your hand in such a fashion that Tom can press
his finger against your palm for a short moment, or even lift his finger and
tic on your palm.
Whisper into his ear that you are there, holding his hand: Ask him to give you
one tic for yes; two is for no.

In this way you may be able to interact with him. Take short periods of
communication, so not to sap his energy (or yours).

Good luck, and keep hope – things are turning to the better.

FaithStFrancis
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx