I sent this post to the list last evening. My emailer notified me that
it was transmitted successfully, but I see no evidence that it was, in actuality, posted. It is of no great moment, but I try to keep my postings to a nature I feel is of interest or value to the membership.....but lengthy ones
such as this one are somewhat taxing for me, and I genuinely desire for the information to be shared. If this post did, in fact, reach the general list....I would appreciate someone letting me know.
Sincerely, Brooks Bradley.

Recently, we concluded some evaluations on the effectivity of an anti-pathogenic air filtration device. It is, essentially, nothing more than a stock, paper type, dust-mask....impregnated with 15 ppm to 20 ppm strength electrically isolated colloidal silver.
Higher particulate count CS (25% to 30%...by volume) demonstrated to have been more effective in both speed of response....and pathogen count reduction-----over our normal 85% to 90% ionic content CS solutions. However, both solutions effected very positive control responses......as evidenced by the pronounced difference between the control samples and the treated samples-----tested downstream of both filtering systems. The control (unmodified) face masks reduced the bacterial populations (root-mean-square average) by approximately 15% to 20%.....principally through physical impingement. No bacterial casualties were evident downstream of the untreated filter masks. The viable bacterial count immediately downstream of the CS-treated mask was reduced, on average, by 60% to 70%. Interestingly, the bacterial population mortality among the treated samples, continued to rise by an additional 5% to 10%-----within .5 to 1.0 hours after ceasing exposure to the! CS-impregnated filter medium. We were unable to clearly establish the exact nature of the _expression_ mechanism for this phenomenon. This characteristic presented almost universally, irrespective of the class of bacterial agent sample.
Our methodololgy included, essentially, the simple saturation of the filter-paper face mask with 15 ppm to 20 ppm strength Colloidal Silver.

Tests were conducted with both dry; masks and wet (damp) masks. The wet mask medium did remove more airborne particulate matter, but exhibited shortened, effective, flow-through efficiencies.....primarily because of increased passage restriction......resulting from more rapid residue build-up.
This effect was highly pronounced when gel-based samples were employed.
Viable viral components were difficult to measure effectively, principally because of their very small size. Because of the type of "large passage" filter media being used, quite limited quantities of actual viral mass were, physially removed. This fact required us to conduct replication evaluations in order to establish the actual effect of the CS (if any) on the viral populations physically present downstream of the filter element. The effective reduction in viral fecundity (replication potential) among the viral populations actually present downstream, was approximately 50%....regardless of the exact viral agent being tested. When viral agents were exposed to high-quality, full-face, chemical-type respirators (altered by saturating the fiber/cloth or suspended-particle section with CS), the degree of control rose quite dramaticaly....sometimes to 85%....even in those cases where the physical filter medium was significantly more coarse (e.g. 5 microns)! than the virus size. This condition indicated that even passing contact with CS effects
some element of control over the microscopic viruses.
Considering that our evaluations involved,principally, high-density
pathogen populations, very useful effects appear probable for persons using cheap, CS-impregnated, paper-type dust masks for threat reduction from airborne pathogenic agents. Pathogen control, especially for viruses, rose considerably (approximately 15% gain) by adding a second mask directly over the first one. This did, however, measurably restrict the volume of airflow available.....but not enough compromise the breathing of a normally healthy person.
The possible benefits from this simple unit appear to magnify when considering that ariborne pathogens, generally, dissipate exponentially with distance...in free air. Compelling evidence for value followed the low-population-density tests ( Those using infectious agents distributed from 4 to 5 feet distant from the closest sensor) which we conducted. Therefore, our results indicate very worthwhile potential for reducing susceptibility to both weaponized biological agents, and/or epizootics presenting under more common conditions (e.g. A/C recirculations systems in buildings, airplanes, trains, etc).
Sincerely, Brooks Bradley.

%

Get all the Hottest Artists on Your Cell Phone - Plus 10 Bonus Tones Today!
Find Your New Ringtone at Lycos Mobile.
-- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour