Hello, Diane,

Is what you call Plaintain the banana family plant (Musaceae)?

If so, we have them everywhere in our country.

Carlos

From: teddybe...@aol.com
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Spider Bite, Poisonous insect bites
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:02:06 EDT

For any poisonous insect  bite, I have done the following
Wash area with clean water and soap, if the bite just happened and you have
time.
Apply cold compress on person , in meantime making a poultice or fomentation
from Plaintain, then apply
it over the bite area. Leave on this area till swelling and all redness
gone.

For Brown Recluse Spider bites, I would use the Plantain fomenation combined
with Echinacea TIncture and  Calendula ointment if  you have until skin
healed.If you cannot make the fomentation, I would use the tinctures only over the
bite area.

Orally , I would take Echinacea Tincture , plaintain tincture, and cohosh
tincture. Watch person for chills, fever, etd, and if so, then Horsetail
Tincture.

I was with someone that was bitten by a snake, and I had him take the whole
bottle of  Ecinacea Tincture.

I live in Florida where snakes are common, so I keep these on me at all times
when I am outside.

Hope this helps some.
Diane M