Yes Pat,

Your son is most probably correct. If I am about to do my sinuses then I
usually add salt to
the already made CS. For me this does prevent stinging. I add about 1/4
teaspoon per cup of
tepid CS. Adding the salt after the CS is made will prevent the CS being
altered
electrochemically

The over-ruling wisdom on this list is Do Not Add Salt to the water while
making CS. There is
supposed to be a risk of making undesirable compounds of silver
electrochemically if one
does add salt to the water while running the CS making process.

Personally I make CS with well water and have not turned blue yet. But that is
because
distilled water is not practical to obtain where I live.

Hope this helps,
Tony Moody

Subject : CS>Salt in CS for Sinus?