Dear Mike:

PS:  It is very hard not to respond sometimes.

Faith

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 1:20 AM
Subject: Re: CS>[List Owner] Oops... maybe not?

And, when everybody catches up with their e-mail and reads my previous message, we won't have a second round of comments on either dog training or "devil" threads! Right? <LOL> I've already received one off-list apology: "Sorry Mike, I didn't see your message in time!" <grin>

Perfect demonstration of why it is a good habit to read ALL of the messages you've got before hitting SEND on any reply. Often others will have said what you wanted to say, making yours redundant, or you'll miss corrections or guidance from the moderator. Of course, the alternative is for me to moderate the list completely, robbing it of the rapidity and spontaneity which often makes things so vibrant and useful. I don't want to do that, so we accept that my "moderation" is done after the fact, and with some delay in effect.

A fair trade, I think.

Thank you all!

Be well,

Mike D.

Hi folks,

Can I head off a couple of items before they risk becoming a problem?

First, let's not talk about dog training methods again, please. It's
proven to be controversial.

Second, let's not discuss anything about what the "devil" is or is not.
Again, it encroaches on a frequently dis-harmonious topic area.
Discussions about religion, spirituality, or the occult are prohibited
on the main list, though you're perfectly welcome to pass on a "god
bless," prayer request or expression of gratitude in passing.

Thank you!!!
Be well,

Mike Devour
silver list owner