Okay, I am officially taking umbrage at the insistence of some poor dears here that medicine in particular and biology in general can really be called science.

What else would you call them?

Physics... that's science in theory, sometimes in practice
Chemistry...that is science in both ways
Geology....yes, on both counts
Engineering, a resounding YES, on both counts and particularly because it is so very pratical.

Biology... now there you have WAY too many variables to control, so it can hardly be called a true science Medicine.... no way, it is half lies (even learned drs say only half of what they teach is true,

Ummm.. do you have any idea how many times what 'we' *knew* to be true in mathematics, or geology, or chemistry, etc, turned out to be *not* true?

I think what you are talking about is the distinction between 'Science' and 'Dogma'...

Science is supposed to simply be the organized, systematic search for truth, regardless of the field in which it is practiced.

Most if not all of the problems with respect to science stem from becoming so personally invested in/attached to a belief in some theory that one loses their objectivity...

I just do not understand why people do not like scientists.

The only problem I have is with 'corporate' or 'commercial' scientists who have abandoned the search for truth in favor of the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Not that I am against pursuing wealth - not at all. As long as it doesn't come at the expense of the truth, I'm all for each of us accumulating as much as one is capable of.