Hey, Terry. Good to see you're still going strong. I found a site that
shows/tells how to make one and since you seem to like making things yourself
it may be more beneficial to go this route. Anyhow, I don't know if it is the
correct one you need or not but check it out.  Let me know if you come up with
something.

The site is at:
http://www.rsc.org/Education/EiC/issues/2007Sept/BuildYourOwnSpectrophotometer.asp

Take care my friend and God bless.

Scott<><

Terry Chamberlin <tcj...@yahoo.ca> wrote: I recently decided I would like to
acquire a
spectrophotometer to accurately test ppm in the CS I
make. I went to ebay and discovered that there are
many devices that have that label.

Can anyone here tell me what type of spectrophotometer
I need to accurately determine ppm in CS? Where would
I be likely to find a used (lower-priced) one?

I remember Bob Burger once said that he had paid $150
for his used one, but I don't see any prices that low
on ebay.

Terry Chamberlin

boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca