Hi Hanneke,

Chemically Pure CP is pure and useful for general experiments involving
reactions in a
laboratory. AR or Analytic Reagent is more pure and would be used for analysis
for assays
etc in a lab.

i would look for the contaminants, if the label is available., Look for lead
cadmium etc and
take a decision on based on the ppm.

I have been taking pottasium chloride casually for about a year . it is from
the local store and
called No-Salt. Sometimes use straight like salt and sometimes mixed with
ordinary salt. It
has a slight bitter taste but quite acceptable. It is not doing any harm. Yes I
do all three
shake, finger dip and add to soup, stews etc.

Last week at a wake, I ate something which didn't like me and tried to get out.
Even after
being emptied it still tried to get out. CS did nothing to stop it. In
desperation I took a half cup
of warm water with 2 teaspoons salt, and afterthought, a teaspoon pott chlor
dissolved. It was
instant relief and no more heaving. It just went down and did its quitening.

OK,
Tony

Subject : CS>Potassium Chloride