--On 18 September 2007 19:24:02 -0500 ruth strackbein <ruthstrackb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi, John,  I will certainly get some coconut oil next time I get to town,
although my trouble is mostly constipation,  lately I have to use an
enema almost every day to keep things in motion.

I wouldn't take that quote too literally - she was pleased with the effect on her diarrhoea, and it was here way of saying so. (Also, things ca swing from one to another, with abrupt changes in diet, until it more finely tunes up). Actually coconut oil is remarkable in that it tends to be correcting, whether constipated or diarrhoea.

Don't know about the
fennel , I am already putting so many new things in there,

IN general fennel is used as a culinary herb (seed or blossm - I recommend seed), and helps to keep the gut clean, and digestive, used in food, and commonly after dinner. It's both food and medicine, with no side effects, and like water can only do good. It has so many good components, and like all culinary seeds , oils and vitamin c, anti-biocidal. It own cure you , is not specific to your problem, but can only help. Sometimes, rather than looking for 'the cure' it is good to do things that help you overall, so as to empower your own healing powers.

Fennel is one of nine Anglo-Saxon herbs known for secret powers. In ancient days, a bunch of fennel hung over a cottage door on Midsummer's Eve was said to prevent the effects of witchcraft. Today, if witches are not a problem, Used in Mediterranean and Southern Europe and has both culinary and medicinal uses.ʠHerbalists employ fennel for intestinal disorders, especially colic and flatulence.ʠAs a local application, fennel has been used as an eyewash and for mucous membrane inflammations. A very popular herb in INdian cuisine, and after -dinner - and ayurvedic medicine.

Recommended in 1 Cayce reading in 1935 for a 72 year old man suffering from general debilitation and toxemia.ʠ

Used for gastrointestinal disorders, spasmodic gastrointestinal complaints, bloating, and flatulence.

(Refs: Fennel(Fructus Foeniculi),Fenkel,Marathron,foenum,Foeniculum,herb of Mercury,Legends, Myths and Stories of Fennel seed...Via. Michael Derrida
+ my notes)

I am using a fiber medicine called Fiberzon which is a
mixture of  a number of herbs, any one of which, may give me trouble.

I don't know that. I only take fresh or dried whole foods. It's true any may do so. IN fact, according to ayurvedic medicine, what may be good for one person of a certain constitution, may not be for another. I highly recommend ayurvedic medicine to you, for your troubles. That is why it is better to chose your own herbs in your food, introducing at a time, and enjoy them too. And that gives great variety to your cooking, using one herb or seed on one day and another on another day.

Another has a vinegar base because most people as they age develop a
tendency to not have suffiecient acid to properly digest food.
But this  burning pain is worrisome.

Why not take your vinegar of choice..any vinegar would perform that function: the best I can think of are cider or gooseberry. Raspberry is pleasant. Gooseberry is particularly mild. Another pleasant one is date vinegar. Cider vinegar can be strong, it varies.

This evening I didn't take the vinegar one.
Will wait and see. The products I am taking are the result of an Ondamed
treatment given me by a naturopath who specializes in this.  Other
members of my family have tried this with good results. If you are
interested in finding out more about Ondamed, just put the name into the
search box on Yahoo and you will get information. Thanks, Ruth

Interesting name. Sounds like a Viking.

Best wishes,
JOhn