Teri Johnston wrote:

At 05:20 PM 9/29/2007, you wrote:

Since Concentrace feels oily and both magnesium and chloride are listed as present, can I assume that this product is mostly magnesium oil??? tia pj Anybody know for sure, for sure???

Shirley,

I have concentrace here along with the Magnesium oil and yes they do feel similar. But the Magnesium Oil does not list all contents? But that said I see many of the same things listed on both products. My guess is they are very similar but one is for internal use and the other for skin use??

Hoping someone else will answer what is now both of our question?

Hi,

There certainly does appear to be a big similarity between the products as both derive from seawater brine. (BTW I've been taking Concentrace for a few months now and have definately noticed the effects showing by the improvement in my fingernails which are much stronger than before).

Here's how Dr Sircus's website describes the seawater Magnesium Oil product that he recommends.

http://www.magnesiumforlife.com/productinformation.shtml

Product Information

The International Medical Veritas Association highly recommends that magnesium chloride be taken in the most natural form available. In keeping with this recommendation, we have found that magnesium chloride taken from the ocean is superior to manufactured magnesium chloride. The manufacturing processes, which yields a crystal or powdered product, usually involves the use of hydrochloric acid.

The reasons for a preference for natural sources for magnesium chloride are abundant but the most essential reasons are as follows:

• The Magnesium Oil we will refer you to is considerably less toxic in terms of heavy metals than industrial fabricated products.

• The magnesium oil that we will refer you to is considerably more concentrated than all the other products we have investigated. There is approximately twice as much elemental magnesium as in magnesium oils that are created from magnesium chloride powder or crystal, thus making the products we recommend more cost effective and more therapeutically active.

• Magnesium products from the ocean have certain properties that cannot be replicated in a manufacturing process. The Sea has all ninety two known minerals, and in the exact proportion to human blood. One of Hawaii's fastest-growing exports is seawater. Super-cold water sucked up from thousands of feet below the Pacific Ocean's surface is being marketed as healthy, pure, mineral-rich drinking water. Japanese consumers are paying top dollar for desalinated Hawaiian deep-sea water being marketed as a dietary supplement that aids weight loss, stress reduction, skin tone and digestion. A two-ounce bottle of Hawaii Deep Marine's Kona Nigari seawater mineral concentrate (to mix with regular water) sell for $33.50 ($2,144 a gallon) reported USA Today.[i] And 1.5 liter bottles of desalinated seawater sells for between $4 to $6 each in Japan and Korea.

• According to Quinton, which sells injectable Hypertonic and Isotonic sea water medical products (approximately $56 per liter and 224 dollars per gallon) sea water which has been subjected to evaporation, and then to subsequent reconstitution from the resulting dry residue, does not display the same living qualities as seawater products that are not dried. This would apply to Nagari magnesium products that are sold for making tofu.

• In general the above seawater products are not concentrates of magnesium chloride but offer a full balance of minerals and trace elements. The Magnesium Oil the IMVA recommends is between 30-35% magnesium chloride by weight. The magnesium in this magnesium "oil" (there is no oil but magnesium chloride at this concentration yields an oily feel to the product) is not Magnesium Chloride hexahydrate (MgCl2-6H20) mixed with distilled water. In each gallon there are four pounds of completely natural magnesium chloride (6H20 not included) which means there are 3319 milligrams of elemental magnesium in each ounce and approximately 18 milligrams in each spray. The International Medical Veritas Association recommends this natural form of Magnesium Oil because of its strength, purity, price and versatility of use. (It can be used as a mouthwash, for sports and sport injuries and even as a beauty aid for the skin and hair.) Please contact us for more information on sources and prices. The International Medical Veritas Association can make this available to you at significantly discounted and affordable prices. Send your inquiries to: direc...@imva.info

Shiona