On 3 Oct 2007 at 9:36, Dianne France wrote about :
Subject : CS>OT  Phosphatidylserine

> My husband got in a pamphlet about a study done by Stanford University
> saying that Phosphatidylserine can help restore memory loss. Has
> anyone heard of this for age associated memory?
>
> Dianne

Hi Dianne,

dunno about phosphotidyleserine . it seems to be touted for a lot of things.
Perhaps it too is
one of the panaceas.

What does work is breathing deeply now and then. Mild  exercise, liver
flushing, skin
brushing, taking CS, Vit C etc all of which help the body to detox and hence
carry oxygenated
blood to the brain. Ginko biloba is very good but takes a while to gradually
kick in  (say 6
weeks to 2 months ) . If you want to spend money then go for one of the
nootropics; Nootropil
is one of them -- no negative side effects. Learning to meditate will reduce
stress levels
which will reduce the cortisol load from adrenals which reduces the load on
liver which then
has time, and energy to send good stuff to body and brain. Do something
stimulating like
learning to paint water colours ....

Have a look too at CES, cranial electro stimulation. You could make your own
device ; go to :

An excellent introduction to the CES and a construction diagram for a
simple CES is found at:         http://www.redcircuits.com/Page19.htm
Sometimes, your local TV repairman will make one for costs and a
reasonable honorarium.  Parts cost is about $12 US.  The little,
spring-loaded hair-clips ladies sometimes use, make good clips for the
ear-lobes, and cost $.79 for a pack of six or so.  Between $40-$100 seems
to me to be a reasonable honorarium. If you feel better buying one from a
serial production company, for between $200 - $800 US, try the following
URL first: http://www.holman.net/rife/Other_Devices/other_devices.html
  doc b

Hope this helps,
Tony M