Hi, Wanda,  Because many fruits and vegetables don't agree with me, my menus
tend to get a little monotonous, but they do change with the seasons.  I do not
eat any desserts other than fruitl.  My fruit choices are cantalope, watermelon
( in season) , bananas, once in awhile a pear. an avocado. I can't eat apples
or oranges, grapefruit, etc.  I also have trouble with the cabbage family.
They cause alot of gas which gets held up in my extra long, floppy large colon.
 I have a hard boiled egg for breakfast with some oatmeal and various veggies
like sweet potato, carrot, beet, green beans, yams.  I mostly eat the fruit
between main meals.  Lunch may be beef, various of the less expensive avieties.
I stay away from hamburger, though. a head lettuce or romaine salad with either
olive oil or canola oil, brown rice, carrots, beets, sweet potato, potato,
zucchini, green beans, squash, a kind of stew of a little of whatever I have on
hand.  Supper is some kind of fish.  I mostly use pollock since it is the least
expensive, especially if one buys it by the 10 lb. box.  Once in awhile friends
bring me some Great Northern  which is a real treat.  I also use some tuna,
salmon, mackerel The last three not often.  I have been buying different kinds
of squash at our Farmer's Markets this summer . They keep well in my cool
basement , even until spring.  And I can cook and freeze any that threaten to
spoil.  I tried some broccoli , just a sprig or two at a meal this past week/.
I did get into trouble with gas.  Since I live alone, I do not need to cook
separate meals for another person or persons.  There are many ways to make
baked goods that are usually acceptible for celiac patients.  I just don't like
to bake and the ingredients that are wheat, barley and rye free are usually
expensive.  I really don't miss all the other things.  I cook my veggies with
steam either in a big steamer kettle or a double boiler.  That way I can warm
up foods without overheating them.  I usually do the original cooking in the
larger steamer.  Have some very large beets this fall that have to be done in
the steamer.  A crockpot would work well, too. I wish I had recipes to share
with you.  I just enjoy the wonderful flavor of my meat and veggies all by
themselves.  Go to www.celiac.com for more ideas about how to cook for a celiac
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 19:37:11 -0700> From: wanda85...@yahoo.com> To:
silver-list@eskimo.com> Subject: CS>Celtic diet> > Hi Folks,> > For any that is
on a celtic diet would mind giving a> run though of what you eat throughout the
day. Say> breakfast, lunch, dinner & and any snacks.> > I'm trying to think
what people even eat if they can't> have any grains. Do you basically just eat
protein,> fruits & vegtables?> > TIA,> > Gail> > > >