Hi Mike,

Pros and cons of laser treatment to tack the torn spot back down? Should I rush, or give other things a try first?

Physical damage is one case where - *sometimes* - physical intervention could be better than a more natural approach, and where our modern medical technology is most useful...

I have heard some amazing things with respect to the laser based tech being used for eye/vision problems, but... unless there was a major time/risk factor involved, I would be more inclined to try the natural approach first.

In your case, it sounds like there may be a time/risk factor, so if I were in your shoes, I'd have to press the docs for a more precise answer to the question of how risky it would be to postpone the procedure for a couple of months. If there is real risk of further damage, then go for it...

Alternative or complementary therapies that can stop or help repair the damage?

Long term strategies to prevent future problems?

Anywhere else I should seek advice?

In reviewing my archive of the list messages, I've seen some good comments on the laser surgery; there's Chuck's concoction of CS, MSM, DMSO, and eybright tincture (for floaters and general health);

Yes and yes to the above, whether you do the procedure or not...

The only thing I'd add is, for the eyebright tincture, make sure it has cayenne in it - I prefer Dr Schulze's eyewash and cayenne for quality/potency, but any decent one will do in a pinch...

Marshall mentioned "organic germanium" as a treatment for retinal detachment... and I'm only back to 2002!

Don't recall seeing this one - interesting, will file for future reference...

I know you'll make the best decision for you, and things will work out - keep us posted, and my best to you..