----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 12:20 AM

Re: downside of Chlorine Dioxide ClO2

In 1993, I was fighting against the implementation of chloramine in the Vancouver water supply. In the information that I got at GVRD headquarters was a summary of the work they had done to that point in researching alternatives to the chlorination they already had (which was inadequate).

In their summary they listed all the possible disinfectants and the reason for their rejection or acceptance. Chlorine dioxide was rejected as being carcinogenic. Caveat emptor.

Dr. A.