It is not likely that I would ever need that kind of care  barring a nasty  accident  or something  undisease related,  in which case

there are other disaster relief funds available   along with disability   etc.

I took charge of my own health care many years ago,  first with herbs, then gradually adding things like  minerals,  CS, Raw Milk, Kefir Kombucha

and of course nutrition.   In otherwords  its a whole new lifestyle  that has kept me very healthy  barring a couple incidents when

I detoxed too fast.  Occasionally I will get the beginnings of a cold or flu  but thats where it ends.   Just enough to build up antibodies  but not enuf

to get sick.  My methods are a lot of work - yes -  but  not a lot of money   and they work.    How far are you willing to go in the name of good Health?

Years ago before our health care system got to be in the colossal mess its in today,  I used to use conventional medicine.  It never really worked for me,

generally  causing far more serious problems  and  regularly  causing  hospital stays to counteract the effects of their own treatments.    In every case I wound

up using alternatives to get well  and finally one day woke up and said  "NO MORE"    Maybe I wont' always have the answers or the right treatments,  but I can't

do any worse than what conventional medicine did for me.  I'll take my chances.   I am at least willing to listen to the new research  and change my methods according to the new information as long as it seems to work.  Find me a Doc  who will do that.

zoe

I am interested in all this as an outsider.  What would you do if you had to have long term health care though?  Would the hospital go on treating you if you ran out of money for instance?  Here in the UK we have access to health care all the time as we have a National Health service which we all pay into automatically.  You can pay for private health care though, if you wish.  Doesn't get you a better doctor; just gets you seen to quicker.  Just wondering.  Dee