Hi Saralou,

My first thought was that the long brew time could be due to insufficient
stirring. There should
be enough movement in the water so that the entire liquid contents of the jar
pass across the
electrodes every now and then. (Def: Now and then = some approximate vaguely
repeatable
time period ) in this case every minute might be too quick and every 1/2 hour
might be too
slow.

You could push a length of plastic sleeve onto the shaft to lengthen the shaft
effectively.
Depending on speed of stirrer motor another inch or up to 4" could be
appropriate. The
plastic insulation stripped off house wiring could be suitable as a sleeve.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Subject : CS>two EIS questions