Regarding Bladder Infections, I give my female dog herbs for a
congenital/heredity problem with bladder/kidney problems.  Her litter mate died
with one kidney full of stone, and the other kidney about 3/4 full, and their
father had problems.  My holistic vet tried various things and nothing really
worked, but cost me.  So I looked in a couple of herb books I have and I gave
her Uva Ursi, the purple cap which is standardized by Nature's Way.  First gave
it to her for about 2 weeks, and she eventually bled, probably was her stomach
as it can irritate it.  So now, I give it to her as two pills a day for two
consecutive days in a row along with pepcid, each week.  Since she has a
chronic problem I maintain her the rest of the week with Echinacea.  Done this
for more than 2 years, probably 3.  Vet knows I'm not buying stuff from her but
she tells me to keep doing what I'm doing because it's working.  This has to be
better than being on antibiotics every few weeks.

Cindy

a.. Urinary antiseptic (antibacterial effect in the urine)
a.. Diuretic (increases urine output)
a.. Treatment of cystitis (Inflammation of the bladder, typically following a
urinary tract infection)
a.. Treatment of pyelonephrititis (inflammation of the kidney)
a.. Used for mild urinary tract infections
http://www.supplementwatch.com/suplib/supplement.asp?DocId=1307