Thank you Ode, Kathryn and all who respond.
This is why I have loved this list for years. The members are so helpful, even on "dumb questions". Again, THANK YOU one and all. Ode, a special thanks for the electro plating example, that lifted the fog. My DC experience is from the vacuum tube era which says electrons flow from cathode to positive plate. Hooking the (-) to the silver just didn't work. And it confused the beegeebees out of me. Kathryn, you and I are in the same boat. You may want to take a look at Ode's explanation if you haven't already....
Bruce A