I've tried to re-create the 'old method' of making Colloidal Silver with a glass of tap water, a pinch of salt, and 3 x 9v batteries with no current control. This was the method used by Stan Jones, (and perhaps by the new blue man, Paul Karosan)

I started with a brand new 12 gauge pure silver anode (and cathode).
7 cms was submersed. I calculated that this weighed 2.3 grams or 2300 milligrams. (Based on 'ccsilver' website information 34'' = 1oz. or 86cm = 28g). The electrodes were spaced about an inch apart.

After 60 MINUTES of brewing time I observed the anode. It was visibly VERY reduced. I estimated it had lost half its volume. So in one hour, 1150 milligrams of silver had been dissolved in just 250 mls of water.

This equates to 4600 ppm.

As the conductivity of the water was 'consistently high' throughout the brew time I estimated that after 10 minutes the milligrams dissolved would have been about one sixth of the final amount , or about 191 mgs in 250 mls.

This equates to 764 ppm (Produced in just 10 minutes remember.)

So any assumption that this old method makes about 1 ppm per minute is completely wrong by a factor of about 70.

And I doubt that omitting the pinch of salt would have made much difference because the conductivity of the tap water was pretty high anyway. (So making CS with anything other than pure water is a bad idea.)

You'll also note that the calculations above are exclusively limited to the milligrams of pure silver that was actually dissolved. I have no idea what that would equate to in ppms of silver chloride.

Compare this to one of todays current controlled Silverpuppys or Silvergens for example. After 3 or 4 hours brewing time in pure water they produce about 15 ppm. (Or about 3.7 milligrams in a 250 ml glass of water) And no silver chloride.

Meter readings don't mean much in a test like this but I recorded them anyway with a HM Digital COM100.

Tap water:  324ppm / 660uS
Pinch of salt added:  990ppm / 1950uS
After 30 minutes: 1330ppm / 2650uS
After 60mins: 1820ppm / 3450uS.

Actually, I was surprised to see the conductivity increase. I expected it to remain virtually stable with dissolved silver combining with impurities to form non conductive particles.

My power source was a DC wall transformer that output about 29v.

Regards
David