Dear Mike:

I have thought about joining the OT list, but decided against it because I can hardly handle all the emails I get now. I've been away for a couple of days for Xhristmas and I came home to a mail box stuffed full. Can't handle any more. Thanks anyway.

Faith G.

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:07 PM
Subject: CS>Season's greetings and ... huh?

Dear Friends,

I was busy enough yesterday not to have a moment to send my greetings
for the season to you all. Please accept them now.

Thanks to folks for moving these... suddenly edgy topics to the OT list
in a sprightly fashion. Please, everyone make that effort. You're all
policing yourselves pretty well on that, just so long as all do so.

As far as I can tell the Off Topic List is working fine. Posting is
done to silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com ... If you're not already set
to receive OT list messages, send an e-mail with the word 'subscribe'
as the subject to:

silver-off-topic-list-requ...@eskimo.com

Remember, the same rules of civility apply there as here on the main
list, despite the fact virtually any subject is allowed. Any topic that
cannot be discussed civilly amongst the members I will discourage or
disallow, but an intelligent conversation can be had on a surprising
range of things if everyone cooperates to a reasonable degree. Be
sensitive toward others' feeling and slow to take offense and things
will go well.

Thank you all for your cooperation and loyalty to the mission of our
little community.

Peace!

Be well,

Mike Devour