I've got a herd of a dozen or so deer romping around here daily. I got Lyme in
'01 partly because of my bad habit of walking around my patch of woods
barelegged and barefooted.
Unwilling to change my "Daisy Mae" attire, I made my own tick repellants.

In a spray bottle half filled with water I put in a 'bunch' of drops of
peppermint oil. Just to confuse the ticks, and amuse myself, I keep 2 other
bottles, one with tea tree oil in the water, and the other with palmarosa. The
last is because I actually read somewhere that palmarosa repels ticks. I use
any one of these at a time.

I keep these bottles near the door out of the garage which is where I exit to
walk the dog around. That way, I figure, I have a better chance of remembering
to spritz this stuff all over right before I go into tick heaven out there.

So far, no tick bites, though I did find 3 on me last year but they weren't
'biting'. Considering that I've got at least 120 'barefoot days', I'm thinking
my repellants work!

Sharon/starshar