We made cayenne tincture some time ago and we started from scratch. We took habanero and Serrano peppers, put them in the Vita-mix and ground them up. Then we put all that in a quart jar with vodka and let it sit for a month. The old way to do this says make the mixture on the full moon and filter it out on the full moon a month later. I don't think the moon phases are that important, but those were the directions we were given.

We also have problems with cayenne pepper capsules. They hit the stomach and were very uncomfortable. We were told that the mouth needed to feel the pepper to tell the stomach that hot stuff was coming. It works. We take 1/4 teaspoon of 90,000 Scoville heat units and put in tomato juice or V8 juice. This is hot in the mouth but does not bother the stomach.

We have also make a nose spray for colds using CS in a nose spray bottle with 4 or 5 drops of cayenne tincture in it. It doesn't take much, but it does a good job of opening the nose and killing the virus.

Google cayenne and you will get a world of information on this wonderful spice.

Gene