Hi, Patrice,

Welcome to the group, hope you find what you are looking for here. I will offer some information below:

On Feb 10, 2008, at 6:31 AM, Patrice Noma wrote:

First posting!!

Hello silver people,

If you just got an incomplete posting from me, I apologize.  My computer does that sometimes.  What I wanted to say is:

Thank you so much for this forum.  I feel that I need a community of knowledgeable people to share information about colloidal silver and its applications with.  Hurray!!  You’re here!!

Can anyone please tell me what features I should look for in a colloidal silver generator?  I think that constant current is important, right?  A mixer to prevent agglomeration is also good, yes?  An adjustable timer that will turn the generator off when a specified ppm concentration is reached seems very good, right?  What else?  Are you allowed to recommend a specific brand or model?  I sure would appreciate recommendations.

I use my own set up, and it is not hard to do one like it. Yes, all those features are nice and the constant current is necessary. I am sure someone will pipe up with their favorite brand.

Can I use distilled water from the supermarket?  Store the colloidal silver is dark glass bottles?  At comfortable room temperature, right? Is 5 to 15 ppm a good range?  How can I trust the concentration without sending out a sample for analysis?

I use plastic water bottles, the cs I make is stable in clear bottles at room temp. Do not freeze. I bought a Com 100 meter to read the conductivity, which is about equal to the ppm. Thats the bonus- the real reason I got it was to test the distilled water from the market to make sure it is pure enough. Out of the half dozen or so available here, only one brand was good enough to use.

One to two tablespoons a day just to improve general health?

I use a couple of T a day myself, most of the time.

I do need to improve my health.  My diet is very natural.  I take lots of supplements that I research pretty well, but my health should be better than it is and I am looking to do anything and everything to improve. I am generally not too impressed by what pro-pharmaceutical types say, but I have to admit that argyria has me a bit concerned.  I think that as long as I stay away from silver proteins and silver salts I should have nothing to be concerned about.  How important is particle size with regard to argyria?

I don't know much about argyria, particle size etc.

How can we be confident about particle size in colloidal silver that we make at home or that we buy?  How can we believe what a company that sells colloidal silver or a generator says about anything?  How can we even believe the results of a test?  Forgive my questioning nature, but we need to know what we are putting into our bodies, right?  There is conflicting information out there.

If you read up more on it, and start making your own, you will quickly find out how the particle size can change, depending on how long you run it, and your water quality to start with, and the current it is set at. When the particles become a little larger, it becomes slightly yellow instead of clear. What we like to make is clear, which has a very small size- we are mostly making ionic, with a small % colloid, and an ion is the smallest size physically possible. After some time, sometimes the particle run into each other in the jar, and they join up- ions like company- so when I make a stronger batch, or use a higher current, it can turn a little yellow over a few weeks. That does not happen often, but it does sometimes.

There are a few companies that are well thought of, with reliable owners. There is a website for lab results of various types of silver products on www.silvermedicine.org somewhere. Having a questioning nature is a very good thing, in my opinion. It can save a lot of trouble later on.

 I thank anyone for any response to any of my questions.

Most sincerely,         Patrice

You are most welcome!

Kathryn