I had several teeth pulled by an oral surgeon in his office using local
anesthetics (high-potent novacaine) and this was a wonderful experience because
had NO recovery from being put under, not to mention the expense of a surgery
 procedure in a hospital, surgery room, recovery room, doctor
assistants/nurses,  and anesthesiologist.
     All extractions were done right in the oral  surgeons office.  I had 3
teeth done at a time and from beginning to end  only took 1 hour, including the
time it took for the special novacaine to take  hold.  The costs for 3 at a
time were minimal ($600) compared being put  under in a setting where an
anesthesiologist would have needed to be  there.
     Plus an oral surgeon does this all day long and  has special extraction
tools to make the pulling easier which resulted in fast  recovery because
there is less tissue and nerve damages.
     Most oral surgeons have financing available,  unlike many dentists.

============================

In a message dated 4/24/2008 4:27:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
winie...@pacifier.com writes:

On  Apr 24, 2008, at 12:25 PM, gmetrop...@aol.com wrote:

>  Gail,
>       The ironic thing is that this  daughter was the most vigilant
> with flossing and brushing. She says  because it was impacted a
> depression formed where food could get  trapped even though she was
> careful. The dentist is recommending all  four out with no apparant
> problems in the other teeth and a $4,000  cost. Does anyone know of an
> electro-dermal testing to evaluate any  meridan energy interference in
> tooth meridians?

Did you call  around and get some other price quotes from other oral
surgeons?   Also, I found one that would do it with local anesthesia
instead of a  general and that could also reduce the cost, it you think
this would not  be a problem for your daughter.  My son had his cut out
from under  the gums this way.

I hate general  anesthetics.

Nancy

listings at AOL Autos.