another thing that affects the vision are certain neurotoxins that directly affect the occular nerve. This can cause blurriness, and also loss of contrast sensitivity. Lyme disease can produce neurotoxins like this, along with many other things. Removal of the toxins and source of toxins allows the vision to recover.