Bob,

  Good lesson. I've been diagonosed with a mycoplasmal infection...oh can't
remember its name now...but it is intercellular and causes the symptoms of
Gulf war syndrome.  Many believe it to be genetically engineered. The
theory is it can only be killed after a cell has died and the mycoplasma is
in the bloodstream. It carries part of the cell with it to elude the immune
system. This is one reason I am interested in whether working with pH might
affect the cell terrain and make it a poor habitat for the mycoplasma.

~^^V^^~