I looked at the site Dan posted for Nigari (the Japanese word for 'bitter') and their minimum order amount would force me to buy about 10 lbs. of it because I didn't see anything else there that I wanted that was not quite expensive. So I googled nigari and came up with this interesting report which makes me wonder what experiences others here may have had with Nigari. I suspect, as I wondered from the start, that commercial Magnesium Oil contains something to keep the Nigari in a thicker, more solid state, even though one Magnesium Oil site claims quite differently. Faith G.

I need to find a good place to buy it from in the US and also......heres a weird one, I had a plastic bag filled with nigari stored in my cupboard, when I reached for it it was literally sitting in a pool of water. Does anyone know how this happens? I could be trippin but I swear there are no rain leaks in my cupboard and I would have had to have been aware if I had spilled that much water into the second highest shelf. So now I have a bag full of sloshy
wet nigari....any clues?????