Ode,

Please... I mean get real my friend. Nobody buys fluoridated water, it was mandated by criminal elements within our own government. Lead paint was illegal BEFORE the recent recalls. Consumers had no way of knowing there was lead in the paint on their kids toys... the governments job it to PROTECT the consumer, and they have failed miserably on almost all fronts. The EPA has become a criminal organization set up to protect polluters and allow industry to pollute our air, water, and food without government interference. It isn't the consumer that isn't willing to pay the wages needed to make something the right way, it is the EMPLOYERS, the CORPORATIONS that are unwilling to pay the wages necessary. You have it all backwards Ode. You say we aren't willing to buy cars that get 50mpg yet the Toyota Prius hybrid is one of the biggest sellers in America while Ford, GM, and Chrysler loose more market share due to their lack of quality economical "green" cars. Give us a good car that gets 40 - 50mpg and I GUARANTEE you they will sell like hotcakes. People are STUCK with their SUV's, nobody wants them anymore and used car lots are overflowing with them. I could go on, but the consumer is NOT "in control" when big business, big pharma, big oil and big government is DICTATING what is to be available. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ode Coyote" <odecoy...@alltel.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Chemical Dumbing Down of Amerika

 How about "use the power you have"

NO ONE can sell you something you won't buy.
If you "buy" fluoridated water and toothpaste, who's the uncaring idiot?
If you don't want lead in kid paint, stop buying toys made in China.

Arguing that buying that stuff made you too stupid to not buy that stuff doesn't quite wash.
Without "you", THEY are out of business...right NOW.
It's a no quibble deal.

And another thing: If you the consumer is not willing to pay the wages you demand to make something the right way, where do you suppose the jobs will go?
...exactly where they went and done the way they were done?

The "consumer" has 100% of the power...but we always want someone else who couldn't care less, to use it the way we want it to be used.
"Help me, help me be helpless....no, not like that. "

What's amazing is that "they" actually care a little bit more than you do. [sometimes not much more] ..and the truth is, not all errors are intentional. "They" know everything beforehand because YOU discovered something after the fact?
Even *you* don't work that way.

"I'm" mad as Hell and I won't take it anymore" has nothing to do with what "they" are, or aren't, handing out. There is always an alternative if you are willing to risk taking it...but.... no one to blame. [Except you, if you start supplying it, right? ]

I'll just buy a bigger car with more air bags so I can be safe in a crash and no one has to learn how to drive well enough that we don't roll those top heavy behemoths into the ditches that keep the roads safe to drive on in the rain. Then blame the oil company for the cost of all the gas it takes to haul my heavy safe ass around after not buying a smaller car I have to actually steer to avoid getting hurt and blame GM for not making stuff now, that I didn't buy when they did. [Yes, GM DID make a car that got over 50 MPG and it was inexpensive, but not enough of them sold to make continued production worth while and demand for more safety legislated them out of producability...ya'll got what ya'll wanted. Suck it up. That new $7,000 car is now 14-19 years old and rare, is selling for $8,000+ today]

Most states demand that you carry liability insurance, but no state says you can't be that insurer...but then, you are betting on yourself instead of paying someone else to take the risk. Hospitals kill ALL of the people who chose to not die at home relying on themselves to be their own doctor and pharmacist. Those that survive either case are never counted.

Lookie. "If" Company A is putting waste into your water and you start buying Company Bs water that doesn't have it, Company A is going to have to stop doing that to stay in business...BUT...Company C will also have to find something else to do with that waste and you will have to pay that cost whenever you buy whatever they produce that you wanted to buy.

It doesn't matter if that waste is or isn't harmful.
If no one buys it, even for the wrong reasons, it won't be in the water that sells. If any water company no longer sells water, it's no longer a company any more. It committed suicide. Don't like the pill pushers? Stop buying pills and they'll go away. You'll be no worse off than your great grandpa who had no pills to buy available...back in the good old days.

Ode