My apologies, in advance, if this message came through. However, I did not see
evidence that it did. I feel it does merit disclosure to the list. Brooks Bradley.

Subject : Calcium Comments

Date : Sat, 31 May 2008 15:36:57 -0400 (EDT)

From : "Brooks Bradley" <brooks76...@lycos.com>

To : <Silver-List@eskimo.com>

The recent commentaries on magnesium, together with references to calcium requirements, prompts me to remind list members about a couple of characteristics of calcium utilization/biological availability.

Dr. W.C. Campbell III made several comments (in a recent newsletter) which we agree with in total. First, calcium is non-available to the human biology if insufficient Vitamin D (5,000 to 25,000 units daily) is provided; also, if magnesium intake falls below 500 to 1,000 milligrams. Additionally, although little known, Manganese is quite important for calcium metabolism (50 mg daily). One comment, Dr. Douglass volunteered, was quite striking.....to wit: In one recent Belgium study, "it was found that EVERY person with osteoporosis was manganese-deficient".

Since absorbing calcium properly is dependent upon the biological environment being on the basic side ( alkaline ph), it would seem prudent for one to know what his/her body's ph level actually is. Test kits are easily and economically obtainable from any of the larger drug stores and/or chains. Nitrazine strips or any of the Hydrion paper products currently sold....are quite sufficient.

One other comment of possible interest: Few people seem to know that building up proper systemic calcium reserves is a rather slow process.....especially since the major reserves

are found in the bones. Children with excellent dietary exposures build up wonderful "calcium bank accounts" as insurance for old age challenges.

Sincerely, Brooks Bradley.
-- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour