Mike,

As I said before, my eyes are much less dry now that I have stopped using Levoxyl, though I realize that this is a different problem than surgery. However, I still do use "Refresh Tears" and CS drops in my eyes from time to time and they both seem to help with any dryness. Refresh Tears comes in a couple of different strengths. Faith G.

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 11:45 PM
Subject: CS>Dry eyes after Lasik...

Carol writes:  Faith ~

  My problem never started until AFTER I had Lasik on my eyes.  Dry
eye is a common occurrance after this type of surgery. ... My feeling
is that the surgery itself caused somy type of "allergy" problem,
which, by the way, I strongly feel is not an "allergy" at all but a
sensitivity to "something" now lacking in my eyes secondary to the
surgery.

I recently read something that says cutting the flap in the cornea to
do the lasik surgery severs some small but critical nerves that are
responsible for some of the tear-response, leaving your eyes drier than
they should be and vulnerable to damage from irritants that would
otherwise prompt a cleansing reflex.

I've got dry-eye problems, too, from other causes. Not pleasant and
getting worse.

Mike D.