ok, so there is a wide variety of naturally occuring acids found in food- this is a good thing, and I would assume they are in some sort of balance. I have had amazing results combating anaphylaxis using this product, along with alka seltzer gold, and it often reverses the swelling. If not, I used to have to dig out the epinephrine and the antihistimines.

I have experimented with using the ionic silver to stimulate my immune system when my throat goes blooey, and it helps too, but not as good as the emergen-c. I am very happy it is not happening much these days.

I do not care much if there is a little aspartic acid it it, since it is such a good product, and I mostly eat only real food, no junk.

kathryn

On Aug 10, 2008, at 8:07 PM, bbanever wrote:

WOW--- indeed Emergen-C does contain aspartic acid.

I never noticed this!

Ingredients:
Sweetened with Fructose, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Ascorbic Acid, Carbonates of Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium and Calcium, Citric, Malic, Aspartic, and Tartaric Acids, Sodium, Potassium and Calcium Phosphates, Tapioca Starch, Magnesium Hydroxide, Manganese Gluconate, Glycine, Quercetin, Naturally Flavored and Colored.
----- Original Message -----
From: Hanneke
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 5:51 PM
Subject: CS>emergen-c and other medicines

On another forum they are discussing  the (possible?) damage of the aspartic acid in Emergen-C.

Wayne, you have often recommended this, especially as a quick pick-me-up.

What are your thoughts on this?

Hanneke

Well,  you can get Emergen-C without the sweetener...which I believe I will from now on out (hearing my favorite pick-me-up is poisonous is like finding out my favorite uncle is a serial killer!).  In researching this topic a bit more,
I ran across these posts about it:

<icon5.gif>  Emergen-C contains Aspartic Acid

Based on all of the positive responses I got from my last post, I decided to try the Emergen-C. I tried it for a few days and was able to keep it down. I could tell a difference (for the better) after taking it. However, yesterday I was on another forum that was talking about the artificial sweetener aspartame. Someone wrote in and said that was made up of 40% aspartic acid. I remember reading that on the "other ingredients" list on my Emergen-C box <yikes2.gif> (but didn't make the connection at the time).

I am not a scientist/chemist but I am very hesitant about taking this now.... Which sucks because I was really starting to like this stuff and its benefits. I'm not sure what to do. <shrug.gif> Can you all give me your opinion, here are some things I've found so far:

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/aspartame.html

Even though both phenylalanine and aspartic acid are amino acids that are present in the food we eat, and are safe when eaten naturally in foods with other amino acids present, taken alone and in elevated quantities they are neurotoxins which can permanently damage the developing brain and nervous system of the fetus, if the child is lucky enough to survive the potential destruction by the maternal immune system. Aspartic acid is an excitotoxin, which stimulates the neurons until they die(5).