There are absolutely no dosing standards for CS that make any sense at all.
 No two people or applications are the same.

So

Dose for effect, start slow and ramp up to let side effect regulate, it's nearly impossible to over dose when there are no side effects.

Then...just

 Be aware that water can be toxic.

And it's usually not a great idea to go overboard on *anything* for a long time. Everything needs exercise to stay strong, you don't really want to *replace* your immune system.

Take a break now and then.

NOTHING is either/or, so remember the words "and" , "if" and "when".
There is no "one way" to do anything. Drive around the speed bumps.
The shorter the road, the quicker the trip. A screw driver isn't the only tool in the shop.

Generally speaking, the closer you can apply CS to where you need it, the better it will do what it does.

My skeptical sisters BF was developing blood poisoning from a small wound on his arm. [That red streak]
 She wrapped his arm in CS soaked gauze and wrapped that in Saran Wrap.
The next morning the infected spot was a hard lump she just popped out and the blood poisoning was gone.
I know that "this" is a true story.

I've heard many similar stories related to diabetic ulcers that may also be true. The CS gel was developed by a lady in New Zealand for use on her bedridden husbands bed sores. According to her, it worked when nothing else did. That doesn't mean that nothing else works for someone else, or that it will work for you....just that it's worth a try.

Ode