The thing is Neville - and I think this is the beauty and one of the perks of lists such as this - at least we *do* think about these things, and we *do* try and form theories as to why such things happen and what could be the cause. This is opposed to the mainstream of people who just - as you say - listen to the doctors and follow explicitly their dictums. This is the way that things are discovered - and changed - as it is the odd balls who are the ones who advance mankind - not the conformists. I too have a theory about motor neurone and maybe the other nerve diseases, and I think it could be related to the herpes (shingles) virus. This virus sits dormant in - some believe - the base of the spine...until the immune system becomes compromised in some way. Then it strikes. This can manifest itself in a number of ways, but all ways seem to be involved with the damaging of the nerves. This causes excruciating pain and eventually, irreparable nerve damage. I have had this myself (shingles and so-called fibromyalgia) and I managed to make it go with using copious amounts of CS coupled with l-lysine (1500mgs) and I do this every time I feel even the slightest 'stabbing' pain. It always goes. I also believe that maybe aerobic oxygen or even MMS could help and next time I get it, I will try this. dee

Neville wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dee" <d...@deetroy.org>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: CS>motor neurone disease

Personally, I'm inclined to think it is either a form of Palsy, but with far greater consequences as there are numerous forms of Palsy, or a form of stroke as I know one can have several strokes and not be aware one has had stroke, they show up as tiny areas or 'spots' of brain tissue that is dead. If my assumption is right then one of those tiny areas could play a role in the development of MND. Of course I will never know about that as I am not a brain surgeon! Neville.