Hey Kathy,

Sorry to take so long to reply, but it's busy at work and haven't had the time
I'd like "catching up" on my lists (no computer at home right now).

Anyhoo, I was diagnosed with periodontal disease of the gums a couple years
ago.  I don't remember now exactly how large my "gaps" were, but I have hardly
any (if any) gaps at all now.  He did pull some teeth that he claimed were way
too far gone but he agreed to a "wait and see" on a few others.  I still have
all the others!  My dentist is always amazed when I'm in for a cleaning once
every six months.  When I cleared the gum disease he of course wanted to know
what I'd been doing.  But then, of course, his eyes kinda glazed over when I
told him about the CS.  He just says keep doing whatever it is you're doing.
He still has that same tunnel vision, as it comes up periodically when he looks
back at my charts and is totally amazed at the difference in my gum health from
then to now.

All I did was religiously swish CS for several minutes several times daily,
then swallowed it.  So you are definitely on the right track!!  I think the
water pik may allow you to reach places that swishing alone can't get to.  Now
I'm not so fanatical about it daily, but when I have a dental visit coming up I
try to do the swishing thing at least once or twice a day about a week or so
before my appointment.

Hope this helps!
Ruth