STOP IT!! My hysterical laughter is becoming more uncontrollable! I'm still trying to recover from your <mutter, mutter, sigh> comment.

N.

----- Original Message ----- From: <cking...@nycap.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: CS>OT: cleaning microwave guts

Hee, Hee,
I love it when you talk dirty, Marshall...

Chuck
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

On 9/12/2008 4:16:26 PM, Marshall Dudley (mdud...@king-cart.com)
wrote:
Dan Nave wrote:
> The capacitor is 10 ufd.  On the schematic, the resistor is shown
> parallel to the capacitor, but has no value.
> I am not sure if it is an external resistor or if it indicates an
> inherent internal leakage of the capacitor.
>
> Dan

The time value of the voltage would be:

E = V*e^-(.00001rt)

where r is the value of the resisitor in ohms, and t is in seconds. V is
the initial voltage when unplugged or turned off.  e is of course the
base of the natural logarithm.

Marshall