On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 20:46:30 -0700
"Arnold Beland" <abela...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Mike D. writes:
>
> "Blanket statements that particulate is good and ionic is bad are
> likely as incomplete and inaccurate as their opposite numbers."
>
> Their genesis is invariably the profit motive.

No, not necessarily. My argument was based on a particular understanding
of chemistry and theory of metabolic response; I am not selling
anything. My motive is simply to conquer a debilitating MRSA.

Of course on second thought I do realize that what I failed to consider
is that in practice, things rarely work precisely as they do in theory.
As far as I know, *theoretically* it appears that if you want to get the
maximum benefit of silver (for its antimicrobial effect) you will get
more bio-available silver in your system with true colloidal. However,
Mike makes an interesting point about sublingual absorption. And there
are also many studies which show that micro doses of various compounds
can be very effective under certain conditions -- some say more
effective than traditional-sized doses.

I guess it all comes down to which theory you want to start
investigating. So I find I must recant my blanket statement. All I
really know is that true colloidal has worked wonders for me, and that
ionic did not seem to do anything for me. But as they say, YMMV.