Hi Silver List,

Did I read this correctly, is the writer inferring that People with Blue Moons
have Argyria?

I only briefly perused this posting, however, "Blue Moons" in the Finger Nails
have many possible causes besides Argyria.

Hypoxia or the lack of oxygen is often manifested in a condition called
cyanosis, a blue discolouration.

Cyanosis can occur in the fingers, including underneath the
fingernails, as well as other extremities (called peripheral cyanosis),
or in the lips and tongue (central cyanosis). It occurs when the oxygen
saturation of arterial blood falls below 85-90%.

Cynanosis is not specifically limited to Mt Everest Climbers and  High Altitude
Balloonists; individuals with some forms of heart disease, blood conditions,
drug side effects, or lung diseases (either Chronic or Acute cases) exhibit
this condition as in the following:

# Arterial obstruction
# Cold exposure (due to vasoconstriction)
# Raynaud's phenomenon (vasoconstriction) (a co-worker developed this disease
as a result of frost-bite when lost in the wilderness)
# Reduced cardiac output (e.g. heart failure, hypovolaemia)
# Vasoconstriction (medication)
# Venous obstruction (e.g. deep vein thrombosis)
# Abnormal hemoglobin levels (blood loss from bleeding ulcer for example)
# Bronchospasm
# Congenital heart disease
# Heart failure
# Heart valve disease
# High altitude
# Hypothermia
# Hypoventilation
# Lung disease
# Myocardial infarction
# Polycythaemia
# Pulmonary embolism
# COPD (Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis)
# Asthma

In my 30 years in the health field I saw a quantity of individuals (especially
in the elderly, but not limited to the elderly) with blue moons.

Needless to say, with a rare exception or two, none of these people had ever
taken CS.  The one time I required a trip to the ER for anaphylactic shock due
to a food allergy, my "moons" were indeed bluish in color, however my fingers
were not. This predated my taking Colloidal Silver in any form by 25 years.

Best Regards,

Steve Foss