Bromelain. Inflammation. About 3 years ago, after 2 gastroscopies, a gastroenterologist informed me that I have chronic inflammation of the upper GI tract. Chronic. I'm taking Prilosec every am. While I am better with the Prilosec than without it, I still have problems with foods, and being too full or not full enough, and with different medications. Clearly the Prilosec is not healing the inflammation. CS does not help either.

Bromelain? I tried those 40 mg bromelain tablets with fructose, papaya and pineapple from the health store but they didn't seem to help much. Maybe I didn't take enough of them. I don't know if it is possible otheal a chronic upper GI tract inflammation. That doc just seems to think I have to live with it. Maybe I should find another gastroenterologist. Faith G.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Nave" <dan.n...@nilfisk-advance.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 9:56 AM
Subject: RE: CS>CS and sprains

Don't know about CS helping, but you should keep some Bromelain around
for use in these cases.

Sure, use the DMSO, but also start taking Bromelain heavily at first and
then tapering off to a maintenance dose for a while.

Start with 1.5 grams 3 times a day and then taper off to about 1.5 grams
per day.  Take on a relatively empty stomach with water.  Doses aren't
critical, as long as you take enough, you may have to experiment.

As for most inflammation, it works best if taken immediately,  if you
wait too long you are already inflamed, but in the case of a sprained
ankle, it may not be too late to start even after a few days.

Dan