Yesterday I started all of the classic signs of the common cold coming on. In particular I had an itchy/sneezy'runny nose and couldn't breath through one nostril. Figuring that the common cold is a rhino virus I was trying to figure out how to best apply CS in my nostrils. I make my own CS (6vdc, 300mA wall wart, wires and Canadian silver Maple Leafs.

Well, I found I had an empty nasal spray bottle handy, so I rinsed it out with distilled water and refilled with my homemade CS. A couple of sprays in each nostril and another couple of sprays a little later just at bedtime. This morning my nose seemed pretty clear, but still a little clear runny liquid and the "gotta sneeze any second" feeling. Another couple of sprays. A little later, about mid morning, things were feeling pretty good and I gave another couple of sprays.

Well it now seems that was all it took. No more sprays in the afternoon and no sneezing and the runny nose had stopped. Now at 10pm I still feel good. But I will give my nose a couple of more sprays tonight and again in the morning just for insurance. But as far as I'm concerned, I had a beauty of a cold coming on and the CS helped me beat it.

Just sharing the experience

Dave
Green Bay, WI