From: Shirley Reed <pj20fl...@gmail.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:51:17 PM
Subject: CS>ear problems

  Might try gentian violet as it is known to cure ear fungi quite well.  Also,
hydrogen peroxide can be really good, but can hurt too, especially if you have
had a hole in the eardrum.  In that case, beware of the h2o2 cause it will hurt
like crazy..  The gentian violet will make the ear purple where it touches skin
and that lasts till it wears off.  I don't think it hurts any, but not sure.
My dad used it successfully after a year or so of expensive, unhelpful
'treatment' by the eye,ear, nose , throat guy. He never complained about any
pain or about the purple color.  He was just too glad to get rid of the fungus.
 Only took one swabbing if I recall correctly.  Best wishes,  pj