Dee Fitzpatrick wrote:
Hi all, can anyone tell me if this is true that CS is alkaline please? I kinda thought Ode said it was in a post back sometime. I would like to know for sure as someone with a cat with crystals on the silver pets list would like to know. Many thanks. Dee

The colloidal portion is actually neutral, but the ionic portion (silver oxide/hydroxide) will be alkaline. However, since carbon dixoide can be absorbed, which makes it acid, CS can actually be either slightly acid or alkaline, and tends to go more acid if left open to the air.

Marshall