Well Malcolm -- more accusations, thinly disguised as an apology?  As much as I
hate to be dragged back into this, I am compelled to respond, at least a little
bit.

I didn't "dummy up" about de-beaking -- and I certainly didn't "shade the truth
by denying the facts".  When I read her post, I didn't even realize she was
referring to *de-beaking*, one reason being that it's been so long since
this was done.  Another reason being that she said:  "with chickens they
commonly remove beaks and feet".  And she said it with the authority of
personal knowledge, which she didn't have.  As you said in your post,
de-beaking is blunting just the curved portion of the beak, which in chicks is
miniscule.  Isn't that substantially different than "removing their beaks"?
And I have never heard of chicken's feet being removed.  Her comment
was ridiculous.  Still is.

You made two references to the "condescension" in my post, yet employed it
yourself when referring to the size of our poultry business and our own
experience in the industry, and again in your *apology* post.  And you have
no objections to the condescension so evident in Indi's posts.  But you object
to mine?  Please.  What I object to is being blind-sided by someone I don't
know and who doesn't know me, while I'm having a conversation with someone
else.  Strictly low-class, kiddo.  Don't do that.  K?

I'm very glad that Mike put my post through regarding our poultry business,
because I'd hate for people to think of terrible things every time they sit
down to a chicken or turkey dinner.  I don't understand your comment about
the "rat-packing" that supposedly took place.  When a list member pi**es off so
many people that other list members are calling for his or her resignation, and
in desperation are blocking his or her emails, well I think there's something
going on besides rat-packing.   At any rate, I'm as tired of this thread as
everyone else is, so if you don't mind -- I'm done.   MA