Thanks so much Steve, for your very clear explanation.  Dee

-------Original Message-------

From: Norton, Steve
Date: 04/05/2009 18:47:21
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: CS>High particle EIS

Dee,
I have a manual unit and all I have to do to get yellow EIS is run it long
enough. I do this deliberately to take advantage of Marshall's protocol of
using H2O2 to convert the larger yellow silver particles to small colorless
silver particles. This gives a high ppm quality EIS/CS solution.
In your case, it is very difficult to make a high ppm stable EIS solution.
After EIS is made, it takes several days for the EIS to fully stabilize.
During the days your solution is stabilizing it continues to form
agglomerated silver particles giving it the yellow color. There isn't
anything you can do to prevent this other than making lower ppm solutions.
However, after the stabilization is complete you can add a little H2O2 to
the EIS and you should see the yellow color disappear. The H2O2 breaks the
larger silver particles into the small silver particles. that are desirable.
Your new EIS solution will read as having a lower ppm than the original
reading but this is because some of the silver ions have been converted to
silver particles and your measurement method only measures ionic silver and
not silver particles. The silver particles are not a bad thing because the
silver particles are very small and may be just as effective as the silver
ions.
 - Steve N