What kind of failures have you had on PC's? What brand of PC did you have, the Green Machines are not well built and are failure prone, but other brands such as HP and Compaq are very well made. Since Macs and PC contain the same components, modems, power supplies, disk drives, I don't see how one could be more reliable than the other as far as hardware is concerned. I have had PC's in use continuously use since 1985 (that is left on 100% of the time and on UPS systems) with an accumulated usage time of over 85 years of uptime (at one time I had 6 running 24 hours a day for 10 years, I now have 4 running 24 hours a day), and have only had a couple of hard drive failures, and all those happened over 20 years ago with the old unreliable MFM and RLL drives.

Marshall

Sandee George wrote:
Hi There sorry to refute your statement - Mac is NOT more expensive than PC - I have spent more money on PCs than on Mac 3 - 1 - I just spent 1300.00 on rebuilding a PC when I could have bought a new IMac for practically the same price - with the satisfaction of knowing that it would work every time I turned it on not like PCs which I have had for the past 15 years which fail with great regularity - the is no way in any life on this planet that I would ever have a PC again - the one I just rebuilt has nearly reached the garbage three times in the past week. There are arguments for and against however Mac is now on the winning streak look at their figures for the first quarter of this year alone !!!!!
Nuf said
Regards
Sandee
aliveagaingrenada.com