Recently, we evaluated claims for efficacy...for a non-invasive, none prescription, methodology for addressing expressing high blood pressure. The device discussed is called the RESPeRATE. Basically, the claim is: the device monitors the breathing rate and enables the body to synchronize the breath-rate "very closely" to to ones innate rhythm.
The manner in which this is accomplished is through use of a sensor which automatically analyses the individual (personal) breathing pattern and constructs a "natural rhythm" melody .....by blending the INHALE X EXHALE guiding tones. By feeding this tone into a set of headphones the body synchronizes ones innate breathing with this tone pattern. The result is claimed to manifest in a rate of less than 10 breaths per minute. Within 3 to 5 minutes the small vessels (throughout the body)...relax and blood flows at significantly reduced pressure.
While it is true that the device did perform (acceptably well relative to the published claims), we discovered a "homemade technique" which performed "essentially" as well---
and in some cases superior to....the results achieved from the RESPeRATE protocol.
Our modification technique involved: Connecting any of a number of commercially-available blood pressure devices to the subject and applying the following technique: Connecting a set of headphones to any convenient CD Player and playing (almost any classical-type) baroque-style music
of pleasant....slow rhythm-----while the subject engaged in deep inhalation and and complete exhalation breathing exercise-----yielded, essentially, equal beneficial results.....without the $300 plus cost of the basic RESpERATE kit cost.
I was impressed enough, by our results, to be prompted to make this post.
I hope some may find it of interest...for their personal experimental researches.
Sincerely, Brooks kBradley. -- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour