Yes I used borax last year in my house on the carpets when fleas moved in. It worked. I never thought to put it outside. I live in the mountains though so it would be hard to do other than the main yard area. I will not waste money on Frontline its totally toxic and didn't work at all last year.

Kathy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clayton Family" <clay...@skypoint.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: CS>-Sulfur granules

I am not sure if this is a good idea or not; however I know that borax
kills bugs of all kinds and is relatively safe.

I am in the process of putting it on my lawn because if the soil boron
level is above a certain level it will kill creeping charley in the
grass. The protocol calls for doing it every 3 years, and for
dissolving it in water first. If I get too much on it can turn the
grass yellow, or even kill it; but if I remember where I put it, it
works pretty well. I am wondering if I will have any fleas or ticks
when I am done.

Kathryn