From: Medwith, Robert J Mr CIV USA AMC
[mailto:robert.j.medw...@us.army.mil]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:22 PM
To: cs
Subject: CS>Making a CS generator

Subject: CS>Brewing CS

To all  (especially new members)

You can make a Controlled Current Generator with and Wall  DC power
supply using

a Current Regulating Central Diode they come in various currents
610-1N5297 from Mouser Electronics is for 1 Mill amp

You put this in line with power supply with a volt meter you can measure
voltage (higher as Silver is further apart and lower as you move silver

closer together). It adjust voltage to maintain  mill amp rating.

You can use even a low voltage power supply, it will just take longer.

I have a   9 volt power supply that puts out 9 volts at 800 mill amps,
at 1 mill amp it puts out close to 23 volts.

So if you read the voltage at no load with a multi meter (I mill amp is
close to no load).

Once you have a batch you can seed the next batch to save time.

  Bob