From: Annie B Smythe [mailto:anniebsmy...@gmail.com] Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 3:34 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Herbs and Cytokine storms..

I've been doing some research on antiviral/antibacterial herbs that don't trigger cytokine storms.. It's hard trying to find the exact way they work, by the types of research that has been conducted. Sigh. And I can't afford all the flippin' subscriptions to all those journals. Anyone have a few to suggest yet?

Most of the usual suspects like Echinacea, Elderberry, and Golden Seal seem to make cytokine storms more probable.

I've been looking closely at /Usnea/, and /Lomatium. /Arrowroot is a little suspect on the Cytokine front.//

Here's an article about cytokine storms that is written so someone besides a scientist can understand it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytokine_storm

On a side note: It doesn't seem as though the Swine Flu does the Cytokine storm thing, well according to this article anyway. They don't have enough evidence to say one way or another. I still have a lot more to read before I can make a reasonable judgment.

Annie