Bob,
Your comments below remind me of conventional medical thought that
regular folks need to be "taken care of " because they don't have the
medical background and training to do it "right".
I believe a more beneficial *job* would be to _encourage_ people to take
control of their own medical care/decisions/lives. The "simple battery
device" has been a blessing to so many people, as has been obvious by
reading  posts to this list.
I  understand that you are extremely versed in electronics and the
scientific method, but may I point out that not all health care knowledge
is derived by scientific methodology.....there is the spiritual and
intuitive aspect which cannot be ignored.
These discussions and questions (quests) are so helpful to us new
CS'ers....and not what should be called baloney.

Peace,
Becky